Saturday 7 December 2019

A LITTLE FEAST

The Old Girl's been really busy the last few weeks and this weekend she's staying in Auckland.
Last weekend we were both  in Auckland and the previous weekend she stayed in Auckland. This has meant that the cooking for one that I'm used to during the week has stretched to a couple of weekends as well. This is OK as I'm a dab hand at stir-fries, salads, pasta sauces, pizzas and various one-pot dishes but tonight I feel like something a bit special.

I'm making schnitzel the way The Old Girl and I invented which is not veal (weiner). We use a small piece of eye-fillet steak and slice it thinly and then cover in an egg and breadcrumb mix. The result is delicious as eye-fillet steak sliced thinly and quickly pan-fried is extremely tender. To slice evenly it pays to have the steak slightly frozen.
To go with this I have broccoli and fresh green beans and have decided to make a small, one-portion size dish of Potato Dauphinoise. I have a little bit of pumpkin in the fridge so will add this to the potatoes and cream and cheese. Yummy!





I have a Central Otago pinot noir rose to go with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHILLI

 I decided to make chilli today - for dinner tonight and with several portions to freeze for later. The red chillies fresh off the vine are ...