Friday 17 November 2017

FETTUCINE AND PESTO





The Genius Kitchen recipe 
Directions
place basil, garlic, pine nuts, and cheese in a food processor and process about 15 seconds.
With processor still on pour oil in through the tube in a steady stream till all the oil is used.
Turn off processor.
Cook fettuccine in salted boiling water to your taste.
Drain pasta well.
 ******************

Yeah, that'd work but I've adapted the recipe a bit and taken a short cut with the pesto sauce.

I buy Jamie Oliver Pesto sauce from the supermarket. I've worked out that I can get 3 meals out of the jar. The quality is very good and its much cheaper than buying fresh basil.
I quickly sauté chopped ham or chorizo, sliced capsicum, garlic, spring onion and pine nuts.



I cook fettucine and add the sauté mixture along with some of the pesto sauce, grated Parmesan and lemon juice.



The result? Marvellous

1 comment:

  1. Looks good. Do you work in a restaurant or is this another post coming from home?

    ReplyDelete

PLANT BASED DIETING - I'LL BE GOLDEN

I've mentioned before how The Old Girl and I while not being vegetarians, don't eat much meat. Our cooking is usually dominated by t...