Thursday 18 April 2024

CHILLI

 I decided to make chilli today - for dinner tonight and with several portions to freeze for later. The red chillies fresh off the vine are looking good and I had some lamb mince in the freezer so ...




Sautéed onion, spring onion, garlic, ginger, chillies, a splash of Worcester sauce, bit of soy sauce, oregano and basil, grated carrot, canned tomatoes and can of red kidney beans and - Está poca madre!

I prepared this early to  allow the flavours to meld while the chilli is sitting in the pot (heat off). I'm looking forward to this with rice tonight and maybe a glass of red wine.





6 comments:

  1. Good luck.

    Richard (of RBB)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you but luck doesn't come into it. Preparation and anticipation is the key and the Terra Sanctus Central Otago Pinot Noir I know will make the meal memorable.

      Out of interest - when you cook your meals is there some nervousness and uncertainty involved where you need to rely on luck to get you through to ensure that you don't poison yourself and your 'flatmates', burn the house down or blow the oven door off ... oh, I see. Carry on.

      Delete
  2. La mamma degli imbecilli è sempre incinta.

    R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Italian mother sure was busy. Catholic I guess.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done the first thing a few times but I cook with clothes on so ...

      Delete

CHILLI

 I decided to make chilli today - for dinner tonight and with several portions to freeze for later. The red chillies fresh off the vine are ...