Sunday 7 January 2024

SUCH A PERFECT DAY

 It's Lynn's birthday today and we've had a cracker of a day - the best of the summer so far.

Morning walks before it got too hot and a visit from my sister and husband, their daughter and her husband and their new 8 week old baby boy Zac filled the day nicely for an old Gruncle like me.

I've pre-prepared dinner (salmon, shrimp and zucchini pie with salad) and the pie will go in the oven soon.



Lynn (The Old Girl) and I just shared a bottle of Veuve Cliquot Rose while playing a best of three at pool (I won - hey! It's not as if it's a significant birthday date yet) and listening to a random selection of blues and jazz music. It's times like these that make me glad we bought the snooker table and dedicated a room to it. The room (the pool room see video) is also the music room where the stereo, records and cd's are housed. Great.




3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yep, it works. Some old guy said he has had problems. I guess that was an understatement.

      Delete
  2. Test.
    Well, it doesn't work from my phone.
    Ah well, this silly old Curmudgeon doesn't post much anyway.

    ReplyDelete

CHILLI

 I decided to make chilli today - for dinner tonight and with several portions to freeze for later. The red chillies fresh off the vine are ...